Total de visualizações de página

segunda-feira, 2 de janeiro de 2012

Slash Interview



matéria do Slash & Perla Hudson Official Fan Page http://www.facebook.com/pages/Slash-Perla-Hudson/108537469424

1) Well 1st of all I had ton's of people asking me of your next touring schedule, I know you've told me your looking at doing a full world tour and it's probably to far away to know your schedule. But can you give the fans any kind of glimpse into where your looking at or what your hoping for?

Slash -  I don't have any dates except for some radio shows in the States in May. But I'm planning on doing tours of Europe, Asia, Australia, S America & US. I'm also hoping to play S Africa, Israel, India.                                            

2) I've had the pleasure of hearing the 1st three song's off your coming album and absolutely loved the hard rock edge to it. Is there any way to describe what it will be like?

Slash -  Its really hard to describe, there is a lot of variety on this record. But there is a consistency because its 1 band of guys doing all the playing/singing etc. The musical styles are diverse. But its all very energetic, as its performed live to tape, which really captures what's going on. Lastly, its all Rock & Roll. No fusion jazz on this record.

3) 2012 is looking to be another huge year for you, with your new album due to come out in April, May.  Then Touring etc... An induction with GNR into the Hall of Fame in April and Slasher films.. Your getting a Star on the walk of fame also aren't you? Has there been a date for that event made?

Slash  - No exact date for the star. But it should be in Late April, early May.

4) A huge congratulation's from all your fans here for the Induction into the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame for Gun's n Roses. How do you feel about it? Do you have plan's to make an attendance? And if so are there any plans for any kind of performance?

Slash  -  As I write this, there are no plans set for RRHF yet.

5) How's everything with Slasher films coming along?

Slash  -  Everything is going great. "Nothing to Fear," Slasher's 1st film is shooting in February. The story is fantastically creepy. Its a great cast & director. & a fabulous production team. I'm really looking forward to seeing the script come to life. It will scare the shit out of you.
We have 3 other films in development beyond that.


6) Do you write lyric's or have you ever written lyric's to an entire song?

Slash -  I only write lyrics when I'm asked to help with a lyric when a singer I'm working with needs help. Otherwise, I don't like writing lyrics. Mostly because they're very personal & I don't enjoy putting my feelings on paper. Especially if I'm not the one who's going to sing them. I did write a lot of lyrics on the 1st Snakepit record. Mostly because I had a lot to vent at that time.

7) How did the writing process for this record differ from your last one, given that you're now that much tighter and more familiar with your band. And is it a big difference in the writing having Myles as the only vocalist instead of guest's?

Slash -  The process of writing this record was very relaxed. It was mostly done while traveling on the road. Myles is great to write with, very open minded in terms of trying anything to see if he can make something work. The rest of the guys are great too. Hard working & passionate about what they do. In some ways the process is totally different than the last record because I'm working with the same people on the whole thing. In other ways its very much the same because I haven't changed my approach very much over time.

8) Will Todd Kerns be a lead vocalist on any songs on the new record?

Slash -  That remains to be seen. We haven't done vocals yet. As it stands right now, Myles is set to sing everything. But Todd will be sing harmonies, backgrounds etc. Todd is a REALLY good singer.       

9) When making a new album, what's the hardest part of putting a song together? Do you plan out what you're going to play in advance with the band or do most melodies come out of improvisation?

Slash - The hardest part of putting a song together is also the easiest part; when you have an idea that's spontaneous, it just flows. But 1st you have to have the idea. That you can never predict. Once I do have an idea, I work on it until I have as much of that idea flushed as possible. Then bounce it off of Myles, see if he likes it. Then we work on his interpretation of it together until we have an arrangement that we like. Then we work on it with the band.

10) You've worked with so many different artist's and accomplished so much post GnR. Is there anyone you would really like to work with and whats next on your list of accomplishments?

Slash -  I get asked this often; I don't really plan in advance who I'm going to pair up with, it just sort of happens. That said, I think it would be cool to work with Trent Reznor. I also would like to do something really heavy with EMINEM. But I don't know either of those guys, so we'll see.

11) Since you've played guitar with an outstanding number of high class musicians, can you tell us which show or album you guested on is the you are the most proud of

Slash:  I'm probably most proud of the track I played on the Les Paul Tribute Album.

12) When was the last time you went to someone's show as a very excited fan and not as just a famous musician?

Slash:  Roger Waters' "Dark Side of the Moon," 2007

13) Got a few question's about how many tattoo's you have? And some fans want to know what is the big one in the middle of your back? Also being an Illustrater yourself, have you designed any other tattoo's other than the Shirley tattoo?

Slash:  The tattoo on my back is the Gitanes cigarette logo. I have a skull & crossbones w/top hat on my chest & a cat on my waist, lips w/cigerette on my right shoulder, all of which I designed.


14) If there was ever a movie made about you or Guns n Roses, which actor would you like to portray you and why?

Slash:  I couldn't imagine.

15) Are there any bands out there that you would rate as the next generation of quality rock n roll and how do you see the music industry in the future?

Slash: Rock & Roll is in a funny way right now, no really good bands are being signed to record labels at present. But I do like Airbourne.

Nenhum comentário:

Postar um comentário